For sale: Broken Dreams and shattered promises!
Well guys, it’s with a heavy heart and an overwhelming sense of loss that I finally must admit that my CX project will never come to fruition. Unfortunately life circumstances have conspired against me to make that particular dream unobtainable. Well, that and I ended up buying a new bike to ‘tide me over’ while working on the CX. Problem was, I ended up having such a blast that any time I was supposed to dedicate to the CX project was spent carving up the twisties instead!! And now a few more curveballs have been thrown at me such that I need to liquidate as much of my stuff as I can. I’ve enjoyed my time on the forum and interacting with all the friendly, helpful people that are on here (for the most part anyway ).
I’ll be adding stuff to the list as time allows, and I’ll be editing the list when items are sold. First come first serve kinda thing, and PayPal is preferred! Also, if you don’t see it, doesn’t mean I don’t have it. Which means feel free to ask. Some stuff I have I don’t know if it’s worth shipping (ie gas tank and other large items) but I guess if you’re interested I’ll let you make that decision. When enquiring about items not shown, please give me a price you’re willing to pay to help speed things along. Also, it will be up to you to determine if the part will fit any other models/years besides a 1979 CX500D/Standard. I simply don't have time to do the research and I've been off the forum for too long to actually remember all the applications. Thanks.
Everything will be posted til roughly the end of the month, after which time it will be generously donated to the local recycling facility and/or the dump!
The prices shown INCLUDE shipping to the USA/Canada (I‘m in Canada), which means depending on where you live you might get a slightly better/worse deal than if you were elsewhere. As full as my plate is right now I just don’t have time to be figuring out different shipping quotes for different items for different people to different places.
Ok, without further ado here’s what I’ve got:
3) OEM reproduction mufflers from Niche. Brand new. Absolutely gorgeous! I paid WAY more than what these are selling for now at Niche. $140 shipped.
6) Grab bag of new factory OEM rubber parts. This includes rear tank rubber, 2 fwd tank rubber mounts, kickstand rubber, shifter rubber, and 2 side panel rubber grommets. I paid $50 for everything - yours for $30 shipped.
8) NOS cam tensioner plate. Comes with nostalgic collector's original bag lol ! This is brand new from the factory........30 years ago! $20 shipped.
9) Pull throttle cable, brand new in package. $12 shipped.
16) Exhaust heat shields. Mount to the H-Box. Really good condition with no dents or scrapes, gouges etc. Has some minor surface rust here and there but not enough to even show up in the pictures. Again, look mint from 2 feet away! $25 shipped for the pair.
17) Stock H-Box. Really good condition, not totally rusted out like a lot of them are. The 'fingers' on the ends where it mounts to the mufflers(rear) and headers (front) are NOT paper thin due to rust! They have lots of metal left and are quite rigid still. Those of you who have tried mounting your mufflers to a rusted out shell of an H-Box using copious amounts of sealant and/or god knows what will appreciate what I'm talking about! Comes with both heat shields attached, and they are also in very good condition. No major dents/scrapes and only a little bit of surface rust here and there. Probably look mint at about 4 feet away! Also included are the two front clamps for attaching to your headers. Now this item is fairly heavy, so shipping costs make up the bulk of the asking price. $ 80 shipped.
20) Factory under seat tool box. Can never have too many storage cubbies! If yours is missing then you need this! $15 shipped.
21) Mono shock modified swingarm. This item is only for those with extensive mechanical skills and interested in doing something unique to their bike. This item has not been tested on/in the bike at all and will require other modifications including (but not limited to) frame, seat, airbox etc. It will be up to you to make this work for your application, and there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will function as I envisioned it! My basic idea was to eliminate the stock shocks so that I could run the exhaust at roughly a 45 degree angle out the back (following the frame basically) . So I cut out a section of the center of the swingarm, fabricated a steel 'box' and welded it in place for extra rigidity and also to allow the mono shock to mount as low as possible. From there I fabricated some brackets from aircraft aluminum to mount the shock into the swingarm using aircraft grade hardware and 'anchor nuts'. A drain hole was also added to the bottom of the swingarm under where the shock mounts so no water etc would build up. My plan then was to reinstall the stock shocks to get the 'resting height' of the bike so that I could see where I needed to mount the top of the shock. This would require welding a bracket(s) to the frame under the seat, which in turn would require a custom or modified seat . I sourced a shock from a 2003ish CBR600F4I, which has adjustable compression stiffness via a remote gas reservoir. This would also require some sort of custom mounting bracket. Keep in mind that other shocks may also work with this set up. The stock airbox would have to be removed, since this is now where the shock would reside. Possibly some pod intakes or ??? Anyway, what is up for sale is the modified swingarm (which has been bead blasted) and the shock with custom bracket. There is no other mounting hardware or any other parts for the swingarm included. What you see in the picture is what you get. These parts are fairly heavy so the shipping is the bulk of the cost. $120 shipped.
***AGAIN, I MAKE NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS PART FOR YOUR APPLICATION, NOR DO I GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL EVEN WORK AS ENVISIONED! AS A BUYER PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE BASICALLY GETTING AN UNTESTED PROTOTYPE!*****
I simply wanted to make something that was going to be unique and looked cool, and hopefully worked reasonably well.
22) A random complete wiring harness from a Silverwing, sorry can't remember the year but I was going to use it to rob connectors and such from. Has a few igniton modules (?) in there too. $20 shipped. PM for a pic of it if interested.