Pentax - Rolling Elinchrom BRX 500/500 2-Light kit
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing
Item for Sale
Rolling Elinchrom BRX 500/500 2-Light kit
Portland, Maine (United States)
At the end of 2016, I broke down and picked up the Pentax K-1 and started taking my event and headshot work to another level. Then I said, okay, let's give studio lighting a try. If you have any qualms about studio lights, forget them, just get them. You'll not be regretful.
However, my family is now larger, and life responsibilities mean I can only travel with a small lighting case. So, while I love this lighting kit I've built, I've got to stick with something speedlight based.
My big losses are your huge gains. Much of it is new or excellent condition purchase.
Elinchrom BRX 500/500 2-Light To Go Set with Bag
* Elinchrom BRX 500/500 2-Light To Go Set with Bag EL20758.2 B&H
* 2 Elinchrom BRX 500 Watt Monolights
* Elinchrom Skyport SPEED Radio Transmitter (compatible with any camera system with a standard hot shoe mount)
* Two Elinchrom Portalite 26" x 26" softboxes
* 16' sync cable
* Sturdy carry bag
* Spare battery and modeling light bulbs
* Oh my gosh, I finally have enough light, in fact at times too much. I need to pull these suckers back sometimes to keep my shots below f/11. Still, the firing and lightcolor consistency of these BRXs is simply amazing. These lights coupled with a light meter were a game changer for my studio efforts. However, the reality is, I've a second child in the family, the day job beckons, I travel a LOT, and other interests are coming around; therefore I'm reluctantly selling.
2 Manfrotto Aluminum Air-Cushioned Compact Stands (Black, 7.7')
* Manfrotto Alu Air-Cushioned Compact Stand (Black, 7.7') 1052BAC
* Stands show signs of normal wear and tear of usage and travel; to include the tabs for the Quick Stand System (QSS) being broken. In fact, it seems when I was shopping for these stands, only the brand new stands had them intact. That seems like a design failure to me. These stands surprised me with ease of use and readily fit inside of the bottom compartment of the Portabrace LPB-40R rolling case.
Elinchrom Grid Reflector (7")
* Elinchrom Grid Reflector (7") EL26080 B&H Photo Video
* No fit issues with these BRXs. Works well to push light forward, tightly or constrained enough for use with an umbrella.
Elinchrom Maxispot Grid, 7", 20 Degrees
* Elinchrom Maxispot Grid, 7", 20 Degrees EL26101 B&H Photo
* Fits inside Elinchrom Grid Reflector (7") to create really cool dramatic effects or to put light exactly where you want it. I'm saddened to not get as much creative work done using this because I'm not able to give as much time as I'd like. Maybe when the kids are in college.
Elinchrom Wide Angle Reflector, 9-1/2", 135 Degrees
* Elinchrom 9.5" Wide Angle Reflector for Elinchrom EL26164
* No fit issues with these BRXs. Works well to push light forward, loosely or constrained enough for use with an umbrella. I mainly used this reflector on the background to create highkey images. However, I've since transitioned over to shooting into a softbox which gives me much greater control over my background.
Photoflex Speed Ring for Elinchrom
* Fits tightly with these BRXs, but otherwise, can handle typical 4- and 8-sparred softboxes. Softbox can be spun even when mounted on lights.
Portabrace LPB-40R rolling case
* LPB-4OR : Professional Camera Cases and Covers
* This beefy case hasn't seen air travel; in between sets and the office via the car trunk. It rolls easy and has made my life easier in getting all of my studio lighting kit into one spot for transportation. If you had the padding for it, a third strobe could fit in here. Currently, I toss in my Elinchrom BRX 500 set whole and put the reflectors in the next compartment and softboxes on top or in the outside compartment.
The Bowens 80x100 softbox is NOT included. I'm keeping it as my highkey background for headshots and powered by a couple of speedlights.
Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Are you selling or trading this item?
Item Condition (Key)
Accepted Payment Types
Return Policy & Additional Details
Return if DOA
Please send me a private message if interested in the item!